Foothill Graphics, Animation, and Web Design Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advertising and Social Media - Forum Post Assignment

+16
Tucker240
smock264
Ross284
falline289
Meitz3200
Hord392
Watts260
Holinski249
bardis525
Vaughn406
Algeyer3233
sackett2993
Pierce219
burke5252
Miller3007
Admin
20 posters

Go down

Advertising and Social Media - Forum Post Assignment Empty Advertising and Social Media - Forum Post Assignment

Post  Admin Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:13 pm

"Social Media in Plain English" is a metaphor-rich explanation of Social Media. The video tells a story of a town that changes as a result of everyone being able to make their own ice cream. The video includes:

Social Media's role in giving people the power to produce video, music, etc. on the web
How social media compares to traditional media
How fans play a role in deciding what should be findable and popular
The benefits of social media to individuals and organizations

Watch the video here

Social Media Growth and Impact Resource Video

Social media is playing a major role in accelerating the decision cycle of consumers who patronize ski resorts. As a result, one of the country's largest such companies -- Vail Resorts -- has abandoned its long-time advertising strategies and practices. In their place, the billion-dollar-a-year corporation, which operates five major resorts and twenty hotels, has built a new in-house marketing operation that uses social media and other digital venues to constantly engage skiing enthusiasts in real time. CEO Rob Katz explains the dramatic changes

Social Media Used in Advertsing

Post a reply to these videos. Tell me what you think about social media.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Advertising and Social Media - Forum Post Assignment Empty Re: Advertising and Social Media - Forum Post Assignment

Post  Miller3007 Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:41 am

I think that its change the way we advertise things.

Miller3007

Back to top Go down

Advertising and Social Media - Forum Post Assignment Empty Dylan Burke: Social Media Videos

Post  burke5252 Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:48 am

I think the videos relate to me because we are growing up in the age of technology. As we grow up and change technology does it with us. My opinion of the the videos is that the first and third videos really weren't that interesting to me. As for the second video that one captured my attention because it talks about the present day facts and how quick things actually get around to so many different people all over the United States and the World.

burke5252

Back to top Go down

Advertising and Social Media - Forum Post Assignment Empty Re: Advertising and Social Media - Forum Post Assignment

Post  Pierce219 Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:48 am

I think with the way things are changing so much, this is a great way to advertise. In a few years no one is going to pick up a magazine or newspaper. Instead they're going to look it up on their phone, or via computer. Advertising this way will be much more affective, and get more people's attention.

Pierce219

Back to top Go down

Post  sackett2993 Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:48 am

i think social media will overpower the new generation of ads

sackett2993

Back to top Go down

Advertising and Social Media - Forum Post Assignment Empty Social Media

Post  Algeyer3233 Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:52 am

I think social media is changing the way companies, advertise there products or services. As well as, how consumers and people view these products. Social media is changing the way we will be consuming products. Social media makes a company's product or service appeal to the consumer more and more. It opens up new opportunities and doors into bettering advetising and consuming products. It is starting a "revolution", that will change the face of advertising and consuming.
As for the consumers, these recent generations have grown up with media and the rapid advancement of technology and how it is changing society. Social media is adding its own part to that advancement. Its bringing the media to the new social, technological age. Effecting society in the process. Changing it every day with the progress being made.

Algeyer3233

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaughn406 Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:53 am

I think social media has changed the way we advertise and i think that way will be forever changed. Social media has taken over the web big namecompanys who have been advertising the same way for the past 50 years are having to change the waythe do things. Social advertising is a revolution its so much easier to get your point across. Social media can be good for you if you get a good review but it can also be bad depending on the person and product. Thats what i think about social media and how it effects us.

Vaughn406

Back to top Go down

Advertising and Social Media - Forum Post Assignment Empty Anthony Bardis- Social Media in Everyday Advertising

Post  bardis525 Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:57 am

After watching the videos it is pretty easy to see the dramatic effects that social media can have on all kinds of organizations and products. We see that it is now easier for companies to send mass advertisements at key moments. That is what the CEO of Vial Ski Resort states, was the reason for the dramatic change in investments in advertising. He says that they don't waste their time and money with ADS you have to reserve months in advance, when the advertisement is uneffective because of the time. He states that during the drastic change in economy, their guest were booking vacations much closer to the actual reservation. The window of decision making has been cut short, for the guests and the companies. The CEO says that social media allows him and his company to make more key advertisements at a more appropriate time, making the advertisement much more effective!

-Anthony Bardis

bardis525

Back to top Go down

Advertising and Social Media - Forum Post Assignment Empty How Social Media is Constantly and Dramatically Changing Advertising

Post  Holinski249 Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:57 am

As time goes by, the way people communicate changes heavily. With the dawn of the era of the web that we are encompassed in right now, the changes it brings to things such as advertising and marketing a product or service are drastic. In the videos, we are shown how people are using these tools, along with new methods of communication to 'get the word out' about their new latest and greatest goods. As more time passes, more tools we are presented with to our advantage and to the advantage of our businesses, more people get a closer look at what you are trying to market, and more revenue gets generated for your business.

Holinski249

Back to top Go down

Advertising and Social Media - Forum Post Assignment Empty Not the opinion but its the' OPINION

Post  Watts260 Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:59 am

Word. Aight So My whole view on Social media is very simple. I believe that living in a age of technology and experiencing new ideas, advetising marketing and everything business like will affect the people as a whole.

Watts260

Back to top Go down

Post  Hord392 Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:19 am

I think that soon everything is going to be sold by social media. Shocked
If you use social media in your business you will sell more and have a greater chance of geting a lot of money.

cheers
Laughing
Hord392
Hord392

Back to top Go down

Post  Meitz3200 Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:09 am

I think that social media is the way of the future. Just like all of the other technology it will always be moving forward to keep up with the demands of the public. With more users going online to social sites each day it is a great opportunity for big companies to sell their product online. Social media is becoming the biggest way for people to make money.

Meitz3200

Back to top Go down

Advertising and Social Media - Forum Post Assignment Empty social media

Post  falline289 Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:11 am

In my opinion I think that social media is a very good way to advertise a lot of different things. People want to know the truth about products they want to buy and T.V. ads don't always tell the truth. The downside to social media advertising is that everyone has an opinion on something and maybe your opionion is different than the person who is telling you about a product.

falline289

Back to top Go down

Post  Ross284 Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:20 am

Social media is changing the way companies adverise their products.

Ross284

Back to top Go down

Post  smock264 Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:33 am

Social media has changed the ways companies sell there products and I think there are many other changes yet to come! Very Happy

smock264

Back to top Go down

Post  Tucker240 Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:16 am

i think social media is helping buisnessess advertise and sell products. social media also lets people talk and advertise through the internet. i think social media is a big part in the world today. Smile

Tucker240

Back to top Go down

Post  bailey314 Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:08 am

I think that the videos showed us how we have changed with the way we review the things we buy. It has both good and bad outcomes. If a person likes what they bought they can post it online, but they also post online if they didnt like it, so it gives the information that you want to know for what your buying.

bailey314

Back to top Go down

Post  weaver106 Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:23 am

Social media changes the way we buy. Before i buy a product i check ratings online,the pro and cons, and quality of the item. Its easier to trust consumers just like me than a big corparation trying to sell me the item

weaver106

Back to top Go down

Post  stet536 Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:26 pm

Every time I see these kind of videos, it AMAZES me. It's crazy how fast technology is moving and advancing and it's exciting!

stet536

Back to top Go down

Post  martin287 Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:19 am

Social meidia is takeing over because now of days. People dont read news papers they look it up on the computer or watch it on tv .Its happneing more and more all over the world .Twenty years from now there wont be a news paper it all be on computers or phones .Social media is greatly affecting the way we live.

martin287

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down