Foothill Graphics, Animation, and Web Design Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illustrator Assignments - First Quarter 2010

Go down

Illustrator Assignments - First Quarter 2010 Empty Illustrator Assignments - First Quarter 2010

Post  Admin Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:21 pm

Project 1 - Getting Started Due Wednesday, Sept. 8.Link to Sample of Project
Project 2 - Broken Heart Due Thursday, Sept. 9 Link to Sample

Project 3 - My Ride Due Monday, Sept. 13 Link to Sample
Illustrator Assignments - First Quarter 2010 Natali10Congrats Natalie on making the "Best Ride" Cool
More 2010 Design I "My Ride" Samples from Periods 3, 4 and 5!

Project 4 - Earthquake Illustration Due Thursday, Sept. 16 Link to Sample
Illustrator Assignments - First Quarter 2010 Earthq10Congrats Xavier on the "Rock'n Earthquake"
More 2010 Design I "Earthquake" Samples from Periods 3, 4, and 5!

Project 5 - Creating Basic Shapes Tutorial Due Friday, Sept. 17 Click here to open file to read

Project 6 - Bezier Curves and the Pen Tool
Bezier Powerpoint Link
Complete each of the following 5 lessons, print, and staple together and turn in to my basket for a grade.
Lesson 1 Link
Lesson 2 Link
Lesson 3 Link
Lesson 4 Link
Lesson 5 Link
Read ONLY Bezier Drawing Tips

Bezier Test - Paths.ai and Shapes.ai

Project 7 - Practice Drawing Cartoon Characters with the Pen Tool Sample of Characters to Draw
Congrats Austin and Kyle on making the "Best Character Re-Draws"
Illustrator Assignments - First Quarter 2010 Austin10Illustrator Assignments - First Quarter 2010 Austin11Illustrator Assignments - First Quarter 2010 Kylean10Illustrator Assignments - First Quarter 2010 Kylean11Illustrator Assignments - First Quarter 2010 Kylean12

Project 8 - Gradient Tool, Blend Tool, and Gradient Mesh Tool
Gradients can be used to make items that you have drawn have values and look three dimensional.
Sample of what these tools can do. Print your project and turn into the basket.

Project 9 - Pathfinder Tool
The pathfinder tool is another way to manipulate shapes either by joining them, cutting them or removing just part of them.
Sample of your work with the pathfinder tool to be turned into my basket.

Project 10 - Drawing a REALISTIC Pen or Mechanical Pencil
Sample of this project
Choose a Pen or Mechanical Pencil from your backpack that you carry with you every day. Using the Pathfinder Tool, Gradient Tools, Blend Tool and all the other tools you know in Illustrator, create the most realistic writing tool you can. Don't forget the drop shadow.
Illustrator Assignments - First Quarter 2010 Kelsea10Illustrator Assignments - First Quarter 2010 Devin_10Illustrator Assignments - First Quarter 2010 Zacker10
Congrats Kelsea, Devin and Zack! Great Pens!

Project 11 - Drawing a REALISTIC object of your choice

Project 12 - HOMEWORK
Bring a Photograph or picture of an item that you would like to draw in Illustrator. You can draw people, places, objects, etc. It must be a realistic image, not computer generated or 3D images. The larger the picture the better (6 inches by 6 inches is the smallest size allowed). Places to find pictures, books, calendars, magazines, etc. Do not print a picture from the internet for this assignment. We will be scanning the picture for our final project.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down