Foothill Graphics, Animation, and Web Design Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

W3C: Hold off on deploying HTML5 in websites

+3
voleskys2574
Meitz3200
Admin
7 posters

Go down

W3C: Hold off on deploying HTML5 in websites Empty W3C: Hold off on deploying HTML5 in websites

Post  Admin Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:46 am

HTML5 Article Link

HTML5, which updates the HTML specification to accommodate modern Web applications, has gained a lot of adherents in vendors like Microsoft, Google, and Apple. But the specification is plain not ready yet for deployment to websites, an official with the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), which oversees HTML5, stressed this week.

"The problem we're facing right now is there is already a lot of excitement for HTML5, but it's a little too early to deploy it because we're running into interoperability issues," including differences between video on devices, said the official, Philippe Le Hegaret, W3C interaction domain leader. He is responsible for specifications like HTML and SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics).

Read the entire article and post your thoughts on HTML5
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

W3C: Hold off on deploying HTML5 in websites Empty Re: W3C: Hold off on deploying HTML5 in websites

Post  Meitz3200 Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:46 pm

I think that HTML5 is going to certainly be a "game changer" just like Le Hegaret said in the article. In 1-2 years when HTML5 is hopefully released everything will be in working order. Even though it is said that it will replace Adobe Flash I can't imagine that it would happen any sooner than at least 5 years after HTML5 is released. Since it has been in production for the last 6 years, parts of it need to be feature-oriented and the whole system needs to be operable between each browser; which, at the moment it is not. When HTML5 is released and is fully functional the way we view the internet will change forever, however this change will be gradual and it will take some time.

Meitz3200

Back to top Go down

W3C: Hold off on deploying HTML5 in websites Empty The future of the web

Post  voleskys2574 Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:29 am

Html5 is no doubt going to be the next huge thing. It will definatly take time to get perfected and put into effect on the internet. Just like what Le Hegaret said it wont completly take over flash all to quickly. Flash has been around for 5+ years and wont just be over run in a really short term. I believe it will last about 4 - 6 years after html5 is released, then it will reach it final downfall. After flash is go i believe html5 will turn into big new exiting things.

voleskys2574

Back to top Go down

W3C: Hold off on deploying HTML5 in websites Empty html5 post

Post  kielty3436 Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:49 pm

I belive that html5 will be the next big thing. as it should since its already been since 2004 that Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group has been working on it. but it will take just a bit more time for it to get approved. whether its the fact if they get it out now hackers could be in the sever within 2 days. Flash should still have time left out even after html5 comes out it will be a slow but sure take over. Just like IE6 is used today and it has been out for 10 years now so not everything will change but eventually every thing will be cycled through the internet.

kielty3436

Back to top Go down

W3C: Hold off on deploying HTML5 in websites Empty Re: W3C: Hold off on deploying HTML5 in websites

Post  horne2406 Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:26 am

I think that html5 will definetly change the way the web is viewed and used. All the new changes and additions, as well as some subtractions, will make the intenet a more enjoyable and efficient place to search. Also an insight into how great html5 will b is that it has been in the works since 2004. This shows that they have been working very hard and very long to make the best they possibly can. When it is realesed, html5 will take a while to be supported in all web browsers, because as of now many don't support it. Html5 will be a huge change to the internet and the world.

horne2406

Back to top Go down

Post  Hord392 Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:30 am

When Html5 comes it will most definitely be the next huge thing to the world wide web. I agree with Le Hegaret that Html5 will take over flash. Html5 should take over websites and make them much better than they were before. Html5 will be changing the internet like nothing has before. Everything changes gradually and Html5 will take lots of time to perfect and make useable for all of the browsers.
Hord392
Hord392

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivas1059 Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:41 am

I believe HTML5 will be a a good thing as well and will be the next big thing in the web today. However, the process will be a while. After reading the article, I know they have been working on it for a while and are still working on it today. Some web browsers will even take longer than some others because HTML5 is not completely operable in all web browsers yet. So it will be a long process, but in the future I believe it will change the internet forever (not in a bad way) and who knows what people will develope after that.

Vivas1059

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum